Default paranoid(?) question

Long story short I have a new hive with two medium bodies. Today I was shuffling around bodies and frames a lot.

I'm really paranoid that in doing so the queen fell out or got crushed while reassembling the hive. I have no reason to think she did and I tried to keep as many bees over either the hive or the top cover. But who knows right? is there a method to minimize this or to be sure she's safe while i work?

Side note: I finally, for the first time, was able to spot eggs! (harder than i thought they'd be to see).
    So I know I had a queen before I started work today.

Default Re: paranoid(?) question

In the bee-class, they teach us to place removed boxes on its side so the frames are perpendicular to the ground. This is partially why boxes had no normal handles. Also, when install box back, you need to position the box sort of 45 degree rotated away from the hive using one corner as a pivot point; place the "pivot" corner on the hive and smoothly rotate box to its final destination atop of the hive. You sort of sliding the box rotating around one corner. I am sorry if my explanation is not clear. Maybe somebody with better English could explain.
    Серёжа, Sergey

The queen typically stays on the "face" of the comb and mills around for some time. When she does walk around the frame to get to the other side, she gets around quick.
    I do see a lot of beekeepers set boxes right on top of each other without the rotation method Sergey speaks of. Although the rotation method does damage and kill some bees, it does far less damage than the set on top method.
    IF the queen did become a casualty, they will make a new one. I have yet to take one out though.
    I do have a nuc or two with laying queens for backup.

I always bring a spare bottom with me to set the first box on then stack on top of that. Usually use a screened bottom board for this too to give them some ventilation.

Would it make sense to place the top cover upside down next to the hive and place the first box in it , it would seal them off and contain them but not offer any ventilation .

I set teh cover down, then set teh hive body at an angle... so it only touches 4 places.... so as not to crush bees. next box is also set at an angle only touching 4 places.... etc..

Mr. Beeman is right. You have already established there is eggs present in the hive. Your queen is probably alright, but if not they will get right to work and make another one. If your queen did fall of a frame and was not injured there is a very good chance she will crawl back in the hive on her own.

Charlie good tip .