Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Equipment Supplier

6K views 20 replies 20 participants last post by  jly500 
#1 ·
I was wondering who everyone here uses as their equipment supplier. I personally use Mann Lake

#4 · (Edited)
It should be obvious that every major apiary equipment vendor is represented in Beesource members. If somebody didn't buy their products, they would quickly be out of business!

I utilize cold winter weather to make all my own woodenware, including frames (my shop is heated). :D

I have bought other items from both Brushy Mountain and HT Krantz. I have been pleased with both of these vendors.

:lookout:Beesource offers free plans for building all kinds of beekeeping equipment, including extractors:
http://www.beesource.com/build-it-yourself/

#7 · (Edited)
There are things only Dadant has. Things only Walter T. Kelley has. Things only Brushy Mt. has. Things only Betterbee has. Things only Mann Lake has. Things only Draper Super Bee has. I often buy boxes and bottom boards from Miller Bee Supply and sometimes from Western Bee Supply. I used to get my wire from Glory Bee. My incubator and queen bank frames are from Honey Run Apiaries. My bee jackets are from Ultra Breeze and Beeworks. My Rauchboy smokers are from The Bee Space (but they seem to be out of the large ones...). My "Hive Minders" and "Ready Date Nuc Calendars" are from Burke. Some of my queen supplies are from Beeworks. If you're only buying from one supplier you are limiting yourself.

I've been buying from Walter T. Kelley and Dadant for the last 39 years.

#9 ·
One thing I realized pretty quickly about living in Central KY. Being less than an hour away from both W T Kelley and a Dadant's is extremely helpful. As nice as going through catalogs and web pages is, there is nothing better for a new beekeeper than to be able to physically look at and hold the equipment, all the while chatting with helpful folks that want me to succeed as badly as I do.

#20 ·
I use Dadant because they are 10 minutes from work. That being said so far they have had good quality wooden ware and their staff was helpful with questions. Their website catalog is hard to search I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.