My wife may be taking a good job in Turlock California and I am thinking of quiting my general contracting business and moving my bees from Northern Utah. I have around 200 hives and have been working with a commercial beekeeper in utah for a couple of years. I would like to find someone who would be willing to mentor me and teach me the best way to keep bees in California. I'm sure it is a bit different than Utah. I would be willing to trade labor for this help.
I also have contacts that I will be supplying 1000-1500 3lb packages in Utah. These packages were purchased in CA last year and delivered throughout Utah. I would like to work with someone in CA to produce the packages for next year.
I have been doing some queen rearing in Utah with some success and would like to try doing some in CA. I think I could supply several hundred to my Utah contacts. I have sold 20-30 this year already without even trying. I just wanted to see if I could do it and work out some of the bugs and word has got out and hobby beeks want them.
I have been self employed for 20 Yrs and can build about anything out of wood or concrete. I have had employees and have managed other contractors on million$ jobs. I can operate most farm and construction equipment and built a construction business from the ground up so I think I can make a go as a beekeeper I just need to find someone who is willing to help me out and hopefully I can help them out in return.