Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bees Mad

Default Re: Bees Mad

>The fat bee man says use staghorn sumac to calm hot hive. Anybody tried this yet?

It works pretty well for smoker fuel... it's easy to find (if you see it around) and it burns a long time. It doesn't calm them any more than pine needles or burlap, but it works fine.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Default Re: Bees Mad, rainly day and Mondays don't work too well in bee yard.

With all the rain for the past two weeks I went to check my nucs yesterday and they were not happy.
    I don't blame the bees for nailing me, it's all about the weather. Rainy weather makes bees very nasty.

Funny how a hot hive can make you decide to buy a good suit. I got one about a month ago. mine is the PM suit, sure is nice to work a hot hive and not get stung 10 times.
    I requeened. but it hasn't been long enough to calm them down a lot yet. I would never have found her in that double deep without a really good suit. They did everything they could to find an opening. Good Luck

I would requeen any hive that was making my life miserable...

http://bushfarms.com/beesrequeeninghot.htm
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12