Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

bee suit

11K views 32 replies 25 participants last post by  RiodeLobo 
#1 ·
What type of bee suit do you all recommend? Looking for maximim coverage.

#9 ·
Re: Article About Beekeeping

I finally got the jacket from them and not a sting yet up top.

Beetrucker "I use the Ultra Breeze Jacket. You will take one in the pants sometimes but not to bad unless you got evil bees"
Yup in the pants. One where the pants come together in the center near the zipper. OUCH. Only one since I got the jacket. I did ask the wife to find the stinger. :shhhh:

#5 ·

I'm sure the Ultra Breeze suits are excellent. I might get one some day.

The first suit I got was at Pigeon Mountain and I am very happy with it. I also bought one this year from H. T. Krantz for my Dad, and he's very happy with it, as well (although I don't know if that was a special order or not. But they are a sponsor of this forum, and might reply to this thread).

Good luck! :)

#6 ·

Beetrucker "I use the Ultra Breeze Jacket. You will take one in the pants sometimes but not to bad unless you got evil bees"

Same here.Just bought some Rose Cutters gloves at Lowes. Great.

#8 ·

My vote is for the Ultrabreeze too. It is a fine piece of equipment. I wear shorts and a light moisture wicking shirt and stay cool on all but the hottest of July days. I don't wear socks and only had one lucky lady hit me in the ankle this year.

#12 ·

The Jacket rocks. I was in a really pissy hive today and did not get stung once. That jacket is thick and they never stung through it. One got in the vail but, no stings. Last week I was squatted over a queen-less hive and one of the girls got me in the ass. Now that still hurts makes me wish I had the suit and not just the jacket. But, that jacket really is great. My neck has not gotten stung in over a week. My hat and vail was causing me tons of stings. The guys at work thought there was something wrong with me because of all the lumps on my neck I was getting all the time. Friend showed me his jacket I ordered one and I am really happy with it. Thanks for the tip Scott this jacket is great.

#15 ·

I have had my UB for over four years now and am very happy with it. I never take the hood off and just slip the jacket over my head. Pretty fast on and off that way.
I've got the PM full suit. Got it because I had a very hot hive. Hard to requeen when they are trying to kill you. Anyway, I love it. I wear boxers and a very light weight long sleeve moisture wicking tee. Very cool and comfortable.

I don't think you can beat the UB suit, but it's a little pricey.

#18 ·

Mine is a little tight in the stomach because that's were all my fat is. That is also where I got 90% of my stings because my shirts where tight there.
I haven't been stung anywhere since I got the PM suit. I still use a jacket and toss on hood for just peaking. If I'm going to tear into the hives, I get the PM suit and never worry about getting stung.
Good Luck.

#23 ·

I tried the email link on Ultra Breeze web page and it does not work - orders@ultrabreezesuits.com And does anyone have the correct email address and do they have a phone number?
Try ultrabreeze.com I just purchased Betterbee's Premium bee suit for less than half price of ultrabreeze and I am thrilled with it!

#29 · (Edited)
I always add a little bleach to the washing machine. So, I buy a suit that will hold up to bleach. I put 1/4 cup of bleach in the washing machine. I detach the veil and wash that separately -no bleach. I hang dry the bee suit.

The reason I add bleach is that I was told this is a good disinfectant. I go between a few yards. Maybe 1/4 cup of bleach is too much. I put the load on large with just the suit and the cycle on gentle fast. I wash my suit quite often.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.