Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bee suit

Default bee suit

What type of bee suit do you all recommend? Looking for maximim coverage.

Default Re: Article About Beekeeping

Say hello to the bad guy!
    year five==== 31 hives==== T{OAV}

Max protection = Ultra Breeze.

I use the Ultra Breeze Jacket. You will take one in the pants sometimes but not to bad unless you got evil bees.

I'm sure the Ultra Breeze suits are excellent. I might get one some day.

The first suit I got was at Pigeon Mountain and I am very happy with it. I also bought one this year from H. T. Krantz for my Dad, and he's very happy with it, as well (although I don't know if that was a special order or not. But they are a sponsor of this forum, and might reply to this thread).

Good luck!
    Greg Whitehead, Ten Mile, TN
    Blog - http://gregsbees.blogspot.com/

Beetrucker "I use the Ultra Breeze Jacket. You will take one in the pants sometimes but not to bad unless you got evil bees"

Same here.Just bought some Rose Cutters gloves at Lowes. Great.
    Julysun elevation 23 feet. 4 Hives, 2 years.

Love my Ultrabreeze. I wear it with shorts and socks, no shirt; cool as can be.

My vote is for the Ultrabreeze too. It is a fine piece of equipment. I wear shorts and a light moisture wicking shirt and stay cool on all but the hottest of July days. I don't wear socks and only had one lucky lady hit me in the ankle this year.

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK View Post
    I finally got the jacket from them and not a sting yet up top.

Quote Originally Posted by julysun View Post
    Beetrucker "I use the Ultra Breeze Jacket. You will take one in the pants sometimes but not to bad unless you got evil bees"
    Yup in the pants. One where the pants come together in the center near the zipper. OUCH. Only one since I got the jacket. I did ask the wife to find the stinger.

I also have the Pigeon Mountain and it has been great, does not have leg zippers, that is one thing that I would add, I have never been stung thru it and have had some pretty pissed off girls after me. For the price you cant beat it.

Here's a great product at a good price. Suzie, the owner, is very friendly and helpful. She also has a jacket that will not ride up in the back when you bend over to prevent intrusion into the pants.

Golden Bee Products

The Jacket rocks. I was in a really pissy hive today and did not get stung once. That jacket is thick and they never stung through it. One got in the vail but, no stings. Last week I was squatted over a queen-less hive and one of the girls got me in the ass. Now that still hurts makes me wish I had the suit and not just the jacket. But, that jacket really is great. My neck has not gotten stung in over a week. My hat and vail was causing me tons of stings. The guys at work thought there was something wrong with me because of all the lumps on my neck I was getting all the time. Friend showed me his jacket I ordered one and I am really happy with it. Thanks for the tip Scott this jacket is great.

Ultra breeze are very expensive, we just use the man lake pollinator jackets or honey maker suits, cheap and they seem way more sturdy. Also Sheriff makes a good suit. Those will cost you around 50-125 while ultra breeze are over 200

I have had my UB for over four years now and am very happy with it. I never take the hood off and just slip the jacket over my head. Pretty fast on and off that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott J. View Post
    I have had my UB for over four years now and am very happy with it. I never take the hood off and just slip the jacket over my head. Pretty fast on and off that way.
    I've got the PM full suit. Got it because I had a very hot hive. Hard to requeen when they are trying to kill you. Anyway, I love it. I wear boxers and a very light weight long sleeve moisture wicking tee. Very cool and comfortable.

I don't think you can beat the UB suit, but it's a little pricey.

I have two Vented Suits from Mann Lake and a Vented Jacket from Krantz. All work great!

Quote Originally Posted by Robbin View Post
    I've got the PM full suit. Got it because I had a very hot hive. Hard to requeen when they are trying to kill you. Anyway, I love it. I wear boxers and a very light weight long sleeve moisture wicking tee. Very cool and comfortable.

I don't think you can beat the UB suit, but it's a little pricey.
    I just purchased the PM Ventilated Suite. Excellent Service and Fast Shipping, by the way. Question, the suit fits me in all respects but it does hug my chest and stomach. Do I need to worry about stingers getting me in that area since the suit does sit right next to my body in those two areas?

Mine is a little tight in the stomach because that's were all my fat is. That is also where I got 90% of my stings because my shirts where tight there.
    I haven't been stung anywhere since I got the PM suit. I still use a jacket and toss on hood for just peaking. If I'm going to tear into the hives, I get the PM suit and never worry about getting stung.
    Good Luck.

Thanks Robbin. That makes me feel a lot better.

I recently got a suit from jawadis super deal for both quality and price. for jawadis order 2 or 3 sizes big. I gave up on trying to communicate with mr. krantz after a few weeks of trying, trying being the key word.