Exclamation So, I caught a swarm... Now what?

I'll preface this by saying that this spring, I split my hive to prevent a swarm, as my hive has been flourishing. Recently I discovered either a second or new queen in my hive and have been watching carefully. Nothing terribly out of the ordinary has occurred so I've left it alone. I got a little bearding on the outside of my hive yesterday and the day before but it's been quite warm here in Detroit.

Today, my next door neighbors came over to ask for help- they have a swarm of bees collected in a section of their fence where they just propped wood up against an existing section of fence because there was a hole in it. I collected as many of the bees as I could- about 7 pounds worth from the weight change of the container I put them in. I *think* I got the queen, but didn't see her. I have no idea if these are my bees but am afraid that it's highly possible.

1. Please give me suggestions as to where to re-home these bees. I don't have another hive to dump them into, nor do I have enough money to buy another hive. Is there a board local to Detroit that I can put of a "free bees" ad? Can I even craigslist this?

2. How do I go about getting the rest of the bees out of my neighbors yard? I don't want to suggest they kill them but understand that they don't want them.

Your help is GREATLY appreciated!! I'll give updates when possible.

Default Re: So, I caught a swarm... Now what?

This link will help you out.

http://sembabees.org/toplevelpages/swarm.html

Thank you, Mr Beeman. I gave that to my neighbor so they understood what was going on. Since I am my local beekeeper, I decided to network through some friends in the greater Detroit area and found someone with an empty hive to house them in. They're now living on a farm and are settling in quite nicely.

Oh no! Not a farm! They took my dog to a farm when I was a child!