Default bees in water meter

local city wants me to remove occasional hives from their water meters. was wondering if a drop of 'bee quick' or something would keep out the stragglers from the meter... just something to keep any bees from returning..

d

Default Re: bees in water meter

I use a few sprays of bee quick after a cutout. Bees that remain will walk over each other to get out. Spray it on the inside of the top to make it last longer.

Mr Beeman...Your experience with Bee Quick has been far better than my experience. I haven't found Bee Quick to be effective for anything, in any application, except it will keep the old Bee Wagon smelling nice. I do not believe a drop of Bee Quick in a water meter would repel anything, much less bees.

Avalonweddingsbcs asked if any thing would keep the straglers away. As I have stated before, Bee Go, will keep them away for 10 lifetimes, and has a half life of three centuries.. But, any time you work with Bee Go, you need to work it from 6 miles away, upwind, utilizing a 20 million cubic feet per minute ventilization system, utilizing an approved gas mask capable of filtering any gas known to man. And yes, I think one drop of Bee Go would keep them out of a water meter for 10,000 years. It will keep the water system personnel out for 500 years.

Bees have a short lifespan and will all be gone in a few days, to no more than a few weeks.

cchoganjr

Bee Go...... nasty stuff. I would think that would repel SKUNKS! lol

This cavity was crawling with about 250-300 bees before Bee Quick.
    1005883_206324952857726_306705225_n.jpg
    Before extraction..... after extraction a few hundred bees remained (typical).

992839_206325012857720_1526938081_n.jpg
    After extraction and five sprays of Bee Quick. Not one single bee. Foragers even stayed out.

Just our experience with the product.

Mr Beeman... Good to know. I have not tried Bee Quick in the last 3-4 years, and just maybe it is better now than when I did try it on trees, buildings, after cutouts, for harvesting, etc... When I did try it, it had little or no effect on bees, but, it does smell good.

I encourage everyone to try a product and see if it works for them.

cchoganjr

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo C. Hogan Jr View Post
    As I have stated before, Bee Go, will keep them away for 10 lifetimes, and has a half life of three centuries.. But, any time you work with Bee Go, you need to work it from 6 miles away, upwind, utilizing a 20 million cubic feet per minute ventilization system, utilizing an approved gas mask capable of filtering any gas known to man. And yes, I think one drop of Bee Go would keep them out of a water meter for 10,000 years. It will keep the water system personnel out for 500 years.
    I bought a bottle of bee go last year, but haven't been brave enough to open it. I may take it to the bee meeting to use for a door prize.
    Greg Whitehead, Ten Mile, TN
    Blog - http://gregsbees.blogspot.com/