Thread: HeatPly

Default HeatPly

I noticed an ad at the top of a Thread Page advertising HeatPly radiant floor heating and thought this might be a good product to use in a Hot Room. Has anyone used this product? Any thoughts?
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."

Default Re: HeatPly

what do you use now?

I have been using hot water for hotbox and honeyhouse off the outside woodboiler. However we just bought a new place and there is no Honey house. So I think this year the two car garage is the new honey house and it has no heat so I have been thinking about buying a hotwater heater and hooking a pump to it for radiant hotwater heat, by filling it and recifulating the water thru it.

Quote Originally Posted by BMAC View Post
    what do you use now?
    Another beekeeper's Honey House.

I have a 16'X20' part of my new building which I would like to use to extract in. But there is much work to do first. Besides getting the extracting equipment.

It looks useful to use on existing concrete floors. I picked up a 20 ft reefer box to use as hothouse, it already as deep channels in it for laying radiant heat into it. Not sure what I will use in the new honey house to warm it. Been thinking of trying those infrared heaters that are cheap for taking the chill out of the honey house.

Mark,
    I've done a substantial amount of research on radiant floor heating - not just reading but hands on.
    It doesn't riase the air temperature in a room directly.

It transfers heat thru the air without heating it, and heats objects in the room by radiant heat.
    It tends to heat a room more slowly than forced air or a normal steam or hot water radiator.

It is effective at heating the surfaces exposed to it by line of sight.

If you bring a load of supers in on a hot day, it'll be well suited to maintaining the temperature.
    If you bring a load of 65 degree supers in and want to raise them to 90 overnight, that might be challenging for a radiant floor.

I think it's a wonderful product for a home though, where temp change usually fairly gradual and a slow temp rise in the air is acceptable.
    It's also an extremely efficient way to transfer heat energy, as little or none of it is lost in process.

THanks Beregondo. Good advice.