Default Help needed, PF 100 Mann Lake, shipping to Serbia

Hi all,

I want to try out the small cell foundation which is not available here in Serbia. Anyone using this PF 100 Mann Lake frame here willling to send me one? Of course I would pay the shipment and the frame. it would be awesome if I get only the plastic foundation as I dont need the whole frame.

The thing is if I buy it directly from Mann Lake, the shipping costs would probably be much higher than the cost of the frames. I've contacted them anyway and wait for their response as well.

Anyway, with this frame, I would try to make a simple mold and a foundation pressing thing, like the one which can be seen here:
    http://isentsov.blogspot.com/2011/09/blog-post_16.html
    It is a Russian blog but you can use Google translate, or just get the idea from the pictures.

Thanks.
    "Do nothing. Time is too precious to waste." Buddha

Default Re: Help needed, PF 100 Mann Lake, shipping to Serbia

Hello, contact me by e-mail,

Joel
    Last edited by JMurphy; 07-01-2013 at 07:18 AM.

Thanks Joel, will do so.

Another question: regarding the cell size, are PF-100 and PF-200 the same cell size? The difference is that PF-100 has a wax coating, which I don't want.

I am pretty sure anything that is not starting in a 100 is not small cell. There is very little wax on them but it is very helpful getting acceptance. I see no PF-200 product in Mann Lake's catalog.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

PF-205 is a case of 30 4.9 cell unwaxed deep frames. I got some recently and was confused by that code as well.

Thanks for commenting Michael. Here is what Mann Lake's UK representative wrote:
    "Further to your enquiry we can quote for the following PF-205 that we have (dimensions 450x231mm with cell size 4.9mm) these are in black frames:-" But the price for 10 frames and its shipment isn't really acceptable for me. It's somethign like 10$ per frame.
    Here is what Mann Lake people told me:
    "Does Serbia allow the importation of products with a natural beeswax coating? The PF-100 standard plastic frames have a beeswax coating, but we also have this product available without the coating (PF-200). "

They have a point, here people are afraid of importing bees wax and bees, and everything else which could be seen as a threat of contamination. Not really allowed. Though I am not sure PF-200 has the same cell size as PF-100.
    Very complicated unfortunatelly.

Since they don't list the PF-200 in their catalog, I don't have a description... and I have not seen one to measure it.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

If I used deep PF frames I would cut the frame off, slip the foundation between a couple of bee catalogs and mail it off to you at the media postal rate.

(yes, it would be a violation of postal regulations)
    BeeCurious
    Trying to think inside the box...

The lady from Mann Lake confirmed that the cell size is indeed 4.9. The only difference between PF100 and PF200 is in the wax coating. PF200 has no wax on it.

I found a closer source of 4.9mm wax foundation. Hopefully it will work as well as the plastic one. Thank you all.