Hybrid View

Default UltraBreeze Zipper Problem

The zipper on my Ultrabreeze halfsuit seperates . I had the suit on and closed up tight. When it was time to take it off, I noticed that the right side of the zipper hood had come open. The fob(?) was under my chin, like it was supposed to be. But the zipper was open.

I got the suit off and tossed it in the truck and went home.

This morning I unzipped the hood and removed it and then tried to put it back on. Every time I got the zipper started I would get maybe 3 or 4 inches and the zipper would come apart behind the fob, or whatever you call the part that you pull.;

I'd hate to have to buy a new suit if this is fixable. The suit is about two years old. It gets used probably an average of maybe 30 hours a week. Any suggestions?
    Mark Berninghausen #youmatter

Default Re: UltraBreeze Zipper Problem

find a seamstress that does alterations. they can put a new zipper in. our local seamstress did one 4 me for $20.00 If you cannot find one ask at Jo-Ann fabric. they usually know of one.

They will fix it.

To get a rugged zipper, you could look at www.Sailrite.com
    BeeCurious
    Trying to think inside the box...

I just installed new zippers at my legs. one of them failed and I wanted longer zippers anyways. Unless there is a good reason to replace with nylon zippers,I prefer the brass zippers. Sure, they are more expensive, but what is $5 vs $3? I'd rather have the heavier zippers anyways.

BeeCurious is right about where to find good zippers. sailright has quite a selection. You can also get some off of ebay, but if you don't know what you're looking for the quality can be questionable.

I hated the metal zipper in my ultrabreeze. It was also hard to get closed under my chin. I had to fiddle with it all the time. I never wear it now.People say how much they like them. I melted it with my smoker the first day I wore it. It is cumbersome and snags on anything you touch. I keep it around in case we have to so a cut out or something, like the cedar tree we got our last colony out of. They were gentle however. Even with the chain saw running.
    The only thing I liked about my Ultrabreeze was the hood/veil was a generous size. More room between your face and the netting. I don't have a bucket head or anything, but I do have a lot of hair.
    Mark, get a good quality zipper that is smooth to use.
    You would think they would fix it for you though, with the price of those suits.