Default Are these pollen pellets?

In the cells marked with arrows, are these the pollen pellets carried in the leg baskets? We saw these while searching for eggs or brood. It's like they're in a 'soup mix' of sorts. I kept the photo large for detail.
    This is on a frame in our queen less hive. (working on it) I see a variety of colors of pollen, and other things stored. It is an interesting
    pallet of color.

Default Re: Are these pollen pellets?

Those look like pollen pellets. I haven't seen them in that state in my hive....pretty cool!
    Pete. New 2013, 7 hives, zone 6a
    To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous.

Default Re: Are these pollen pellets?

Quote Originally Posted by Chemguy View Post
    Those look like pollen pellets. I haven't seen them in that state in my hive....pretty cool!
    thanks. Pretty sure they were not some sort of mutation of larvae. Neat how they are deposited into the same cell, both baskets. I think I read somewhere that other bees unload the foragers when they return to the hive. I know I've seen small piles of bees, thought they were beating up on one bee, then came to see that she had pollen all over her wings, collected with an electro-static charge. They were cleaning her off and collecting the pollen. Fascinating!