Lightbulb 3 bee's stuck together?

Hi everyone so this AM i was out watching the gals drinking my coffee enjoying a break in the weather and i saw 3 bee's rolling around on the landing board. I was concerned it was robbing so i moved in for a closer look, no other bee's but one which seemed stuck to the landing on its back. I removed them to take a closer look and it seemed they where stuck in some type of sticky stuff. I have not put anything on my hive or in the hive I tried to rub it off them because they where alive and i wanted to save them if i could. It was not coming off almost reminded me of rubber cement type stuff i used when in grade school. I could not save them any ideal has anyone seen that in there hive? I did not go into the hive as i didn't have time and i am trying to avoid bothering them until July 5th when i can finally see if they have a mated queen.

thanks

Default Re: 3 bee's stuck together?

Two ideas: 1) It was propolis 2) If there were any adhesive labels on the inside of your hive (on a feeder jar or a lumber label), they might have gotten into that.

Have you seen any other bees stuck together?
    Pete. New 2013, 7 hives, zone 6a
    To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous.

Milkweed...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Thanks for the info guy's I have not seen anymore stuck together so hope it was just a one time thing. Milkweed didn't think of that thanks Michael I do have allot of milkweed in the fields. I glad its not some sickness to worry about.

Thanks again