Default Do bees get quality pollen and nectar from Popcorn (Chinese Tallow) trees?

A fellow beekeeper told me today bees like popcorn trees. Do the bees make quality honey from the nectar and pollen they pull from their flower pods? If so my summer dreams have come true as we have 1000's of the trees blooming right now within a 1/2 mile radius of our hives - or is it something I should be concerned about like Golden Rod. I've heard I should pull my supers before the Golden Rod blooms in the Fall because the resulting honey isn't that tasty; although I hear it's great to help the ladies make it through the winter.
    Ken Barber - Started beekeeping in 2013 and having a blast
    www.barberberryfarm.com

Default Re: Do bees get quality pollen and nectar from Popcorn (Chinese Tallow) trees?

Chinese Tallow tree produces large quantities of high quality honey! I liken it to the Honey Locust. Good luck to you and your bees. I am jealous.
    "Someday we will look back and realize someone was right...and conveniently forget we were the ones that were wrong."

Default Re: Do bees get quality pollen and nectar from Popcorn (Chinese Tallow) trees?

One of our biggest and best nectar flows down here. Currently right in the middle of the flow.

Cool!!!
    www.barberberryfarm.com

Chinese Tallow makes great honey, also I would put the supers back on for the Golden Rod flow it make a good flavored honey that some people prefer. Smell of the hive during the flow of Golden Rod can be a little strong but the honey taste nothing like the hive smells.I always return the supers to the hive for Golden Rod flow never get as much honey though as from Tallow trees.

Great advice. Thanks! We definitely have plenty of Golden Rod in the fall around here too!!
    www.barberberryfarm.com