Just a few pics of some traps I made from Coates' design. I bought the lumber at a saw mill and added wingnuts for the tops so I wouldn't have to worry about popping a top - the terrain here is very steep. I also added wire on the side so I can hang branches off them so they won't draw attention. Some are not that far from a couple of local apiaries.
I lost 3 out of my 4 hives to AFB recently and I am hoping I will get lucky and trap something. I have two out already and today I placed eight more.
I used a propolis derivative lure and LGO - I have no brood comb since I burned everything last week.
Thanks to everyone for sharing their ideas here, it makes this hobby (which is new for me) much less frustrating.