Default White ring in honey jar

1.jpg
    I bottled some honey and I noticed that there was a white ring on top of the jar. I noticed the white ring about 3 days after I bottled it. I heated the honey to 90 degrees and filtered with a coarse and medium filter, then bottled.

Default Re: White ring in honey jar

Wax particles floating to the top.... won't hurt and as long as you & the customer don't mind the appearance..... OR you could open up the jars & skim it off......

That little white ring of fine wax particles stands as proof that you have not ultrafiltered your honey. Point it out to your customers as a feature. You can keep it to a minimum by filtering through all three standard filters: 600, 400, and 200 micron filters. Pollen and all the other "raw honey" stuff will still go through.

I get this thin white layer in my honey containers. I believe it is a small amount of foam that comes from honey getting stirred up when filtering. I often pump my honey through a netting material to remove the wax bits and see this white foam after it settles.

Bubbles +
    Mike Forbes
    Red Dirt Apiaries

I get a white ring in my honey due to air bubbles that make their way to the top. I only get this if I bottle my honey just after straining it. I usually strain it and then allow it to sit for a day in my bottling tank so the air can rise to the top.

Here is what I do. After heating and straining the honey let it sit a few days then get some saran wrap lay it on your honey and take it off with all the foam attached works like a charm for me .