Hybrid View

Exclamation How you seal your honey jars?

Hi there

I am looking to gather more information from the experts here about sealing honey jars ... How you seal your honey jars, if you are using machines, kindly attached the links!

Thank you!

Last edited by HoneyBlends; 06-22-2013 at 08:01 PM.
    Herbal Honey Blends Made in NY
    www.highendherbals.com

Default Re: How you seal your honey jars?

Fill jars and screw on caps. That's it.
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."

Mark, I am looking for more safety for my customers, Right now I am sealing from the outside but sometime, the honey leaks, so I am looking to seal it from the inside ..thank you for your reply.
    www.highendherbals.com

I bottle thousands of lbs of honey each year which are sold directly to stores. I don't know what you are doing w/ your jars that your honey leaks from them. I don't seal my jars, neither does Dutch Gold, and I can stand my jars on their lids and not have any leaks. Not that I do that. So I don't know what to suggest you do differently.

How do you seal them from the outside?

My Mom used to put up strawberry jam sealed w/ a layer of wax and then a screwed on cap, Mason Jars. Is that what you are looking for?

I don't have that much leaking, but I wanted to add extra sealing from the inside, you know those self sealing seals ... now a days the people are so picky, that is why I am giving them a high-End Product and also I am always working to add more safety to my jars, thank you so much for your reply.
    www.highendherbals.com

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyBlends View Post
    I don't have that much leaking, but I wanted to add extra sealing from the inside, you know those self sealing seals ... now a days the people are so picky, that is why I am giving them a high-End Product and also I am always working to add more safety to my jars, thank you so much for your reply.
    If you would use standard honey jars w/ Plasticell caps that should take care of it. That's what the big guys use. You could also use the heat shrink plastic tamper proof collars. I don't, but some folks do.

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyBlends View Post
    Mason jar with a snap lid, use a vacuum pump to pull a seal on it? Oops.. I see we're talking plastic containers. Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley_Bee View Post
    I generally turn the lid clockwise in a downward motion, Once i get about half a turn tight I'll really put the arm strength to them and seal them good. I'm sure there's some validity in your question, it just seems so preposterous .
    Thank you much for your reply.
    www.highendherbals.com