Default Broken Frame question

I got a nuc about a month ago with a weak frame. I didn't see anthing wrong with any of the frames when I hived the nuc, I found the broken frame after my first hive inspection. The bottom of the frame has dropped off on one side and is resting on the bottom of the hive, the other side of the bottom frame is still attached. The girls have brood and pollen in this frame so I don't want to replace the entire frame if I don't have to. Is there a way I can fix the frame with the brood still in it and let the girls keep working it? Or, should I just bite the bullet and replace the frame?

Thanks,
    Marlene

Default Re: Broken Frame question

Just re-attach the bottom bar to the side bar of the frame. If the comb has been drawn down to fill the space created from the break, then trim off the bottom of the comb so you have room to move the bottom bar back up to the side bar where you can re-attach it.

You can move it to one of the outside positions. When the brood emerges, remove the frame, and either work on it, or replace it. If there is still some honey left on it, set it out and let them rob it out.

cchoganjr

excellent idea, Thank you, both of you! I wasn't sure how to fix it and not hurt the brood.

Marlene