Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: When should you pull honey supers?

Quote Originally Posted by Harley Craig View Post
    Yes I run all 8 frame med started a split with a frame of capped brood with a queen cell and one frame of stores they filled out the box so I put another on and instead of expanding the broodnest. They drew out the frames and filled them with honey so I pulled 4 frames and staggered 4 foundationless frames in placed the third box and did the same with the remaining 4 frames of capped honey and 4 more foundationless frames I was shocked that a little med box with brood would put up that much honey so quickly
    It is hard to get Linsey in the mood to talk,but if you do you will learn some something's.He is a fine craftsman with very reasonable prices.

What is BT and why do you spray your extracted frames with it? ...I am so new to this!

Quote Originally Posted by dphillipm View Post
    It is hard to get Linsey in the mood to talk,but if you do you will learn some something's.He is a fine craftsman with very reasonable prices.
    Lindsey has been an amazing help to me! I have brought him pictures of swarm cells and frames and he always answers my questions! I love his craftsmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by WBVC View Post
    What is BT and why do you spray your extracted frames with it? ...I am so new to this!
    WBVC, BtA spray is to help prevent wax moths destroying comb after it's been extracted. Down on the For Sale forum, there is a thread on what it does and how to use it, along with prices if you need to order it. I believe the poster was Sundance.

HTH

Rusty

edited to add the link: http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...Aizawai-Powder
    Rusty Hills Farm -- home of AQHA A Rusty Zipper & Rusty's Bees ( LC and T)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12