Default 38 days after install

I am a first year beek, and installed my one package on may 11th. Today I did a full inspection and found 8 full bars of brood comb, 4 partial bars of comb under construction and one full bar of nectar w some capped honey. does this sound about right as far as the bee 'construction' rate? I added one empty bar in between brood comb and nectar and 3 on the far end as they were up against the follower board. I realize that I will not see any honey this first year, but I would have tought they might have piut up a bit more stores than that?

KB

Default Re: 38 days after install

Your progress seems about the same as mine. I have a bit more uncapped honey though. I did our install on the April 20th, and our queen was superceded, so the bees are a bit behind.

Once all that brood hatches and matures they will really go to town! Bee happy!

Installed my pkg on may 4. Now have 19 of my 26 bars drawn out. Feeder slash follower bd takes 2 bar spaces but will remove that July 1 and put in regular follower board. Monty in marquette

Doesn't sound that bad for just a little over a month. They are using lots of food right now for brood rearing and comb construction, they'll start adding to the stores in a bigger way pretty soon. John