Default trap-out question

I started a trap-out from a large hackberry tree 25' up on May 19. The hive swarmed on May 17 so there should not have been any eggs or a laying queen on the 19th when I started. I have the new queen in my trap-box as she returned from her mating flights and couldn't get back in. A week ago I went to check on them and stood there at the top of my ladder for almost 20 minutes and didn't see a single bee leaving. It's been just over 4 weeks now with no brood and no queen. Am I safe to remove the cone now and let the bees start robbing it out? If I had started with a queenright hive that hadn't swarmed I would have waited a full 6 weeks but I could use the money from this job to buy some queens and keep the wife off my case about spending more money we don't have on bees.

Default Re: trap-out question

No one?

I would take it off,,,but keep an eye on it for a few weeks. Not only might it be robbed it may become active again with a new swarm.

If you see nothing in a couple weeks I would suggest sealing it up.

Your post is quite vague in detail. The cone had no bees leaving in the 20 minutes you watched? Just because a hive swarmed doesn't mean there is no queen or eggs. There is indeed a queen (swarm cell) and eggs along with brood and nurse bees.
    I get half down for trap out jobs to start, the other half when completed. It would not be out of line to ask for a payment. Most people I know wouldn't work for a month and not get paid. lol

Wait another two weeks to remove.