Thread: one month

Post one month

Got the bee's a little later than I had wanted. But it was my fault - procrastinating of course. Anyway at one month they seem to be progressing. 4 frames pretty much filled and working on a fifth - sounds like a typical weekend ;-) Anyway am seeing brood and good activity. I am in SW Ohio so I am hoping that they are ramping up and will really build when the soybeans bloom in the next month. Worried that with the late start that the hive will build up enough reserves by fall. Oh I am giving them extra sugar water to help them build comb.

Here are some pics of todays inspection. Did not spot the queen, but I am still a novice at this.

picaso web album pics
    Last edited by chrisaukcam; 07-01-2013 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Adding link to pic's

Default Re: one month

Make the photo album public or copy it to another photo sharing website.

OK posted pics to picaso - should be public there.

It's the young bees that do most of the wax building. And it's older bees (more than 3 weeks) that do the foraging. Looking at your pictures, you can see that you have a lot of capped brood. Those will all emerge in the next week or two. Then they'll probably build out for the 2-3 weeks after that. And then most of them will start foraging. So, you probably will see a reasonable acceleration.