Default Making honey, infused with cinnamon...non heating?

Hello

I searched all over and the only way I see that people are making honey/cinnamon is to heat the honey first. Is there a way to add the cinnamon without heating the honey? What would happen if the cinnamon was just added to the jar and stirred..no heat needed? Is there and advantage to heating honey before adding the cinnamon or any other dried herb? Came here because no where is there a better answer to be had...

Was thinking about selling infused honey at my farmers markets but did not want to heat the honey because it kills of the active enzymes and can damage other properties of the raw honey.

thc

Default Re: Making honey, infused with cinnamon...non heating?

The only way I know to infuse flavor is by heating... In reality the thing itself should not remain in the mix... This is purely from a cooking perspective not a honey perspective

I make quite a few varieties of infused honey and don't heat any of them. The most I do is sit them in a window sill (which is shaded from direct sunshine), and flip them over about once a week. I usually wait 90 days for enough flavor to be absorbed.
    "Teach your kids to hunt and fish, and you won't have to hunt for your kids"
    Four Ridge Apiaries www.fourridgebees.com

You can also buy cinnamon oil to mix in.

I put liquid honey in my wifes big mixer and put a tablespoon per pound of cinnamon in. It works best to put an inch of honey in bowl and then put in the cinnamon and start the mixer turning and then add more honey. Cinnamon dust in the air can be intense. For my purposes, I am adding a pound of cream honey starter. It sells better than plain.