Default Spotted eggs in my weak hive!

Installed two packages this spring, one is really booming, the other got off to a slow start, apparently superceeded (saw one small brood cycle, then didn't see any brood for a while). I just spotted eggs today! I was getting ready to try and move some brood over from the stronger hive, and I was looking around for a queen (didn't see her if she's in there), but I did see a lot of bees going in and out of (apparently) empty cells in what appeared to be brood areas, and upon closer inspection I spotted some eggs.

I hope that means I've got a viable queen again and not just some laying workers, I'll be keeping a close eye to see if/when those cells get capped.

Default Re: Spotted eggs in my weak hive!

Half asleep and reading beesource= I thought you had spotted eggs (as in eggs with spots) in your hive. What kind of queen lays spotted eggs? Gotta get me one of those!

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyintheRox View Post
    Half asleep and reading beesource= I thought you had spotted eggs (as in eggs with spots) in your hive. What kind of queen lays spotted eggs? Gotta get me one of those!
    that is too funny I thought the same thing!

The Easter Bunny queens lay those spotted eggs

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyintheRox View Post
    He didn't say he saw spotted eggs; he said he spotted eggs, i.e., he took a marker and put spots on the eggs... God knows why(?). Learn to read...