Default Today an amazing site

If you have ever had the luck to see a swarm coming in you know what I mean, Awsome!!
    I was out checking a trap out in my yard. I have a log which was a hive last year, it is in the yard just for the purpose of catching and testing trapout technics.
    Anyways, it was cloudy most of the day, about 5:30 pm I look up to the north east and here comes a swarm.
    I grabbed my smart phone to record it and of course the battery is low, no recording.
    The swarm landed on two other logs and started to go in. After a half hour they seemed to have settled in both logs. Then the one log started to empty, I watched and wondered if they were all going to leave. But no, they decided to all use a log I have with a supper on it.
    I will keep you posted.

Default Re: Today an amazing site

I hope this works, this is a video of the swarm. It was recorded about 45 minutes after they came in.

So are they in the log or the super or both? I share your joy in being able to watch a swarm

I will let you know in the next few days. The supper is on a piece of plywood with a hole in it to the log.

I will take off the supper if the queen is in it. If not I will do a trap out.