Default Should I keep adding hive boxes?

I have a new split this year that has two medium brood boxes full of brood, one full honey super, and two supers that have drawn comb. Do I need to add more supers (which would have no drawn comb) so they can keep expanding or wait until they have another super full of honey? Don't want them to think they are running out of room.

Default Re: Should I keep adding hive boxes?

Wait till the super is about 70% capped, then add another.

I maybe should have explained better. The one super full of honey is already capped. So should I add another or wait until I have two honey supers full of capped honey?

Wait till the top super is 70% capped then add another.

Another option is to take half of the capped frames and move them to the new box. Then alternate both boxes with capped/empty/capped empty, etc. This eliminates a solid overhead honey dome and keeps them moving nectar up and away from the brood area. It also helps them to build comb with the correct cell depth on the new frames, with capped frames of honey on each side as guides.
    To everything there is a season....

I don't know how far south in IL you are, but in WI our bees need more than 2 medium brood chambers. I overwinter in 4 mediums. So, my advice for what it is worth is that you should actually add another box between the brood and the honey. The bees would be happy to have empty comb, but I'd probably mix foundation between the strong brood combs and move up some brood into that box. That would allow them to draw more comb and helps stop swarming. And, you get to keep your drawn supers for later. It's easier to be get honey from a mediocre flow when they don't have to draw the comb. They will be pretty willing to draw comb that is between solid brood combs. That's my experience and advice. Results may vary.

Move the capped honey to the top, put the empty frames above the brood nest.

I actually already have my full honey super moved to the top and the two with drawn comb in between. However my queen has not moved up into the third box to lay brood. I was hoping like you said for three brood boxes. I didn't however move any brood up into the third box. I may try to do this.

I live just north of interstate 64 right next to the Indiana/Illinois line