Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dadant Shipping

Sad Dadant Shipping

Does Dadant send out shipping notifications by email for
    online orders? I put in a small order on tuesday of this past week and all I have got so far is the receipt. I am worried that they have not shipped, even though none of the items were marked as backordered.

Default Re: Dadant Shipping

Yes typically I get one from ups when dadant has shipped the item including tracking number

My plasticell foundations took a week to ship, must be a busy time for them.

I find them slower to ship than other suppliers.

I have only ordered once from them and it was some frames and foundation. After a week, I called to inquire as to the status of my orders and they told me my order was shipping that day. I guess my invoice fell through the cracks somewhere.

as an FYI, Mann Lake sells a lot of their stuff on Amazon and with Amazon Prime, you get free 2nd day shipping no matter how small the order is.

I placed my first order with them 6 days ago and it's still showing as "processing", I guess I'll have to call.

I had the same experience GaryW as you. So I called them and left a message. Within an hour I had a UPS notice in my email that it was being shipped. I am sure my called moved it along a little bit.

Patience is needed when ordering on line. Just when you about to call them you get notice that it shipped. But, good products. Monty in marquette

I'm bad with this computer stuff like online ordering...I just call and talk to a human...nothing like a hard copy catalog in the bathdoom

Dadant has been slower for years. It will take me 7-10 days to get from them what takes kelleys 1-3 days. Even places further west are quicker I use to be a packager for a office supply company and how the companies are managed makes a huge difference on when the customer gets the products.

By the way I ordered from kelleys yesterday morning got it today and I paid for the cheapest shipping. Dadant has a place in Kentucky also so they are just slow.

I had an order that was taking longer than normal , they said they were very busy and have gotten behind , there shipping time for me so far is generally good . I have a dadant store 1 1/2 hrs away so I try to time it when I'm going by and save the shipping .My local branch doesn't sell online I have to call them , if I place an order online it comes out of the Illinos store which is probably 12 hrs away and higher shipping charges .

Quote Originally Posted by mchristofferen View Post
    Does Dadant send out shipping notifications by email for
    online orders? I put in a small order on tuesday of this past week and all I have got so far is the receipt. I am worried that they have not shipped, even though none of the items were marked as backordered.
    I learned to call the Paris branch. They normally ship the same or following day and use Lone Star Overnight. I get it in one day.

There are not may things I don't just buy online. Bee supplies is one of them. I always call Dadant, TX or Mann Lake and always get my goods within a 1-2 days from Dadant or 4-5 days from Mann Lake. Zero issues when I call it in.
    Chuck Norris has a grizzly bear carpet in his room. The bear isn't dead it is just afraid to move.

They do send out emails. They are the slowest shipper I have dealt with. I am only a couple hundred miles from there NY branch. They should be faster than this. I placed an order with Dadant Monday June 3rd. Just received the shipping confirmation yesterday. Will net get the products until Friday. A full 10 business days since I placed the order. All items were in stock. Betterbee has been very fast shippers. Placed an order the same day and received it three days later.
    Pearl City Apiary Michael and Loucil Bach

When I ordered from Dadant about three weeks ago, it took them nine days to ship. When I ordered from Kelly the next week, it took it two days to arrive. Subsequent orders have arrived just as quickly. I no longer order from Dadant.

I placed a small order with Dadant on the 4th, recieved notice of shipping on Tuesday, it's supposed to be delivered tomorrow. That's 10 days order to delivery. Pretty long, and pretty expensive. But they had a particular type of gadget I wanted.

Great tip on calling the order in instead of using on-line. Dadant has a VA shop too, but shipped from IL to IA then back here. I'll phone the next one to the VA shop.

I thought I was the exception but actually this sounds like a problem with the company "culture".

March 16 I ordered over $200 in product. Received a confirmation email immediately but then never heard back. On March 25 I emailed them asking about the status of my order and then it was shipped on March 26.

IMO, no way to run a business. Next time I need somethg mail ordered I'll try Mann Lake.

This is a timely post. I just received an order from Dadant that took 7 days from order to delivery. I spoke to someone on the phone, but had the order cued up on-line. The rep told me no problem, order through him or click the button to process on-line, it would be there on Friday afternoon. (this was on a Tuesday morning)
    I sent a couple emails asking for my order that never showed on the following Monday. On Monday afternoon I finally received an order confirmation email, with tracking#, the shipping label had been generated that morning, 6 days after I ordered.

Some of you might not think this is too bad ... problem is I live 48 miles from the main office in Hamilton, IL! I asked Dadant (in the email) if shipping by UPS meant United Pony Service.

To get started we drove there and spent over $600 and just brought it home with us. I can't take off work every time I need something though, and their office is closed to transactions after 3:30pm.

I was told that this is their busy time and that is the reason for the delay.

Yesterday, I placed an order with Mann Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by BeePappy View Post
    problem is I live 48 miles from the main office in Hamilton, IL! ..... we drove there and spent over $600
    Yesterday, I placed an order with Mann Lake.
    Wow what vehicle do you use that costs 3 gallons to the mile? Do you drive one of these?

X-1R_1.jpg

Ordered from W. T. Kelley again yesterday morning. Just got the product from UPS an hour ago. That is a heck of a lot faster than most people and I chose their cheapest shipping rates. Mann Lake and BetterBee have also been pretty good also.

Kelley's is employee owned. I think because of that the workers feel more responsible to the customer and are faster due to feeling like they are helping themselves succeed instead of some corporate bigwig.