Default Mean girls in cut out

Near Smith Point on Galveston Bay this house is on 23 foot piers. Had three nests of bees in the sloppy under pinnings of the floor. Well I cut one open from a stair. Cut an 2x12 about 4 feet long. Pried it off with my hive tool, just 4 nails holding that section. Fortunately I was dressed for the job, bee jacket, taped ankles, vinyl (Thickest) gloves. Smoker going, but the wind was 25 mph at least. Meanest bees I have worked to date, WOW! The 12x14x48 inch chamber had 3-4 lbs of bees in it but not one sprig of comb. The lady home owner swore they had been there 18 months. Yeah, right. I spent an hour trying to get them into a box ( had some old comb in there). No way Jose, they were wild and crawley. Finally I walked off about 200 yards followed by 50 to 100 buzzing bees. They stuck with me for half an hour. In fact I think they were coming and going to the nest. I walked sideways to the strong wind to break the scent trail to no avail. How were they finding me? Finally, I picked up my gear and drove off fully suited with all my windows down and finally lost them. Bad news and I have two more to work!
    Julysun elevation 23 feet. 4 Hives, 2 years.

Default Re: Mean girls in cut out

AHBs?

Default Re: Mean girls in cut out

My old man and I did a tree when I was a kid. They followed us for 1/2 mile in the pickup. That was ~30 years ago. So don't think it is necessarily ahb.