Default Newbie from Iowa

Great site, learned a lot from the posts here already. Got one hive started already this year ( my first year beekeeping) and doing well, hopefully have some Nucs on the way and got four bait boxes out. Hoping for a good year.

Joe

Default Re: Newbie from Iowa

Welcome to the site! You are near the Mississippi - is your forage pretty varied around there? I close-minded though of Iowa is mile after mile of cornfield, hopefully that is not the case for you.

Welcome Joe!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Luckily I am few 100 yards from river on a bluff, lot of wooded areas around and quite the variety of plants. Got lot of honey locust blooming right now and tons of bush honey suckle, crab apple a few weeks ago. See lot more of that corn just little west. It's amazing how beekeeping opens your eyes to local plants. It has for me!

Quote Originally Posted by joelee View Post
    Luckily I am few 100 yards from river on a bluff, lot of wooded areas around and quite the variety of plants. Got lot of honey locust blooming right now and tons of bush honey suckle, crab apple a few weeks ago. See lot more of that corn just little west. It's amazing how beekeeping opens your eyes to local plants. It has for me!
    I agree - when you have this new reason to look, there is so much more to see!

Welcome to the site!