Default Ants stealing sugar water

How do I control ants stealing from the feeder I read cinammon will help sprinkled it around hives wondering any other solutions

Default Re: Ants stealing sugar water

I have the tiny black ants and I just let them have it--they don't eat much and the bees don't seem to care. I know ants are high in formic acid and formic acid is used for a varroa treatment, but short of smashing them inside the hive I doubt they contribute in that respect.

Physically blocking the ants with a barrier they can't cross is an option. Here's a way to do it with a hive stand:

http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...ctually-Works!
    ultracrepidarian >> noting or pertaining to a person who criticizes, judges, or gives advice outside of his expertise

I had that problem I tried everything I could find. Vasaline or grease around the legs of the stand works till the rain hits it, cinnamon works for a few days until washes away the scent after a few days, diatomacis earth works until it rains, terro in the plastic bait traps worked better than anything else. they would drink my feed like crazy there were somany of them in a constant stream.
    All beekeepers can agree on one thing, and that one thing is, that all beekeepers can't agree on one thing.