Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: honey Vodka

Default honey Vodka

Has anyone tried to Distill Vodka with honey? i did Some and tastes realy good

Default Re: honey Vodka

I've been thinking about it. Did you dilute your honey prior to fermentation?

YEs of cource. we distil it every year if we have good harvest. keep in mind that this valuable drink and costs expensive too. because you need high Quality multiflower Honey(Oregano, clvoer, Cotton thistle.hawthorn. etc. but Fermentation and distiling seems to be very hard because. requires a lot of attention.

Congratulations.... You have just confessed, in writing, to a comitting a fedral felony, AND posted it in a public forum.

Well, perhaps technically, but prosecution AFAIK is reserved for the *sale* of unlicensed distilled beverages. Uncle Sam's interest is financial.
    Bees, brews and fun
    in Lyons, CO

Congratulations ... you have just confessed to not knowing your geography. Has it occurred to you that Eliahu might live in the country of Georgia, where United States law has absolutely no reign?

Even if you do not sell it, distilling your own alcohol is illegal under federal law (without having a distillery license of course). However, if you don't live in the United States I find it hard to believe that Eliahu could be prosecuted
    Jim Andersen
    Desert Viking Ranch

OH What a strict laws. Here everyone can distil what ever they want and it is not restricted by government of Georgia Caucasus . but if you decide to sell it without license you will be put in prison if they find your product on the market. By the way sometimes i make myself Wal nut Cognac and many kinds of wine. too. i also distil Vodka with wine .

Fortunately we can all make wine and beer all we want so long as we don't sell it without a license and/or make over a certain amount (I forget the exact amount, but its quite a bit).

I am very curious though, as to how you make honey vodka...there is the option of using already distilled vodka from the store? Would that work?
    Jim Andersen
    Desert Viking Ranch

no i never used used already distiled Vodka for Honey Vodka. i dilute it with water pollen or wine boiler then distill.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Viking Ranch View Post
    or make over a certain amount (I forget the exact amount, but its quite a bit).
    500 gallons. I've brewed two 5 gallons batches this year, so I still have another 490 gallons to go!

I had a friend's sister bring homemade vodka from Poland last year and it was just superb. She said she would get me a video of the process.
    Last edited by Barry; 07-10-2011 at 10:03 PM.
    Regards, Barry

what kind of Vodka do you mean? Polland is the largest manufacturer of Alcohol drinks

Not sure, but she is visiting Poland now and will be bring me back the recipe and video of making it.
    Regards, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Not sure, but she is visiting Poland now and will be bring me back the recipe and video of making it.
    When you get the recipe and video....would you please share it

As you may have guessed from my name, I am no stranger to mead. I used to make about 100 gallons a year (gave a good portion of it away) but honey got really expensive. I think my last batch used about 20lbs of honey for a 5 gallon batch. Maybe next year I will have enough to get back into it. I am really interested in honey vodka, or honey anything for that matter!
    Jim Andersen
    Desert Viking Ranch

We have an awesome licenced Meadery in Ontario- Google Munro Meadery. Just received some as a house warming gift. After I hinted that I would really like to try some. I may never buy wine again. Sorry if you are in the states, so far they can only market in Canada. They have dry and sweet mead and melomel, fruit meads.

Argh! Yea shipping to the States won't work. In fact I think shipping between certain states is even a no-no here.

Thanks for the link....now if only I still lived in Michigan, I'd make a visit.
    Jim Andersen
    Desert Viking Ranch

Oh, well, hey, Canada is a nice country but great mead can be made "south of the border" too. My husband is very fond of this meadery: http://whitewinter.com/ Their "Acer" is awesome -- honey and maple syrup.

Hey now, I will be about 4 hours away from Iron River come deer season (annual vacation). Maybe I will stop by - what a GREAT idea adding the maple syrup!
    Jim Andersen
    Desert Viking Ranch

DeeAnna That looks fantastic-who ever thought of honey and Maple together! They have very creative labels and flavours.

I'm tickled you enjoyed my suggestion to check out the White Winter Winery. I am not at all a fan of sweet wines/meads, but even their sweet meads are not cloyingly so. The semi sweet to drier ones are smooth and crisp. Very drinkable. If you can't visit in person, be aware they pack their bottles incredibly well for mail order shipping.