I have a swarm I caught about a month ago, doing pretty well in a nuc box about ready to move to a full deep. Unfortunately, it is infested with mites, I'm seeing huge numbers on the sticky board, although no deformed or strangely acting bees.
I'm assuming they are fairly tolerant, since there is plenty of brood in the hive and they are growing nicely in spite of not being fed -- no good feeders for my nucs yet.
What would be the best way to treat them for mites? Oxalic aicid dribble? OAV (which would require obtaining a vaporizer)? Formic Acid (MAQS probably). The weather is going to be decent for the next week, so formic acid is a possibility, although I'd have to buy some MAQS, not a big deal.
I'd prefer not to clobber them too badly, obviously, since they are "survivor" bees and doing well in spite of the mites.