Default Dead Bees In Front of Hive

Hi All

I did a hive check today and noticed some dead bees in front of each of my hives. I have 6 total. I included a few shots so you could see. I'm going to do a mite check later on this afternoon. Just tooo hot right now.

What are your thoughts guys??

1434286120537.jpg

1434286143753.jpg

Default Re: Dead Bees In Front of Hive

It happens, a strong hive can loose 1000 bees in a day. Some times, house cleaners don't carry them far. Or foragers poop out at the landing board.. If a queen can lay as many as 2000 eggs in a single day, then about 60 days later 2000 bees are going to die. I am not saying not to follow through on your mite and hive health check, but you will see this from time to time.

[QUOTE=bluescorpion;1285377]Hi All

I did a hive check today and noticed some dead bees in front of each of my hives. I have 6 total. I included a few shots so you could see. I'm going to do a mite check later on this afternoon. Just tooo hot right now.

What are your thoughts guys??

It looks to me like party at the Playboy Mansion is over. They look like Drones to me.

Alex
    Ten years of Beekeeping before varroa. Started again spring of 2014. Going for chemical free.

I would also collect them to be sure they are Drones and while your at it I would check each one for mites.

Alex
    Ten years of Beekeeping before varroa. Started again spring of 2014. Going for chemical free.

I was reading through some old posts on this site and noticed that some individuals fog during the honey flow for mites. Is this correct or was I reading the post wrong??