Default How is the flow?

How is the nectar flow looking for everyone? Any guesses on how long it will keep up with this weird year?

Default Re: How is the flow?

Just starting to see some here around the 25th is usualy the strongest here. We will see what happens?
    All beekeepers can agree on one thing, and that one thing is, that all beekeepers can't agree on one thing.

Got a few hive's, working on there second medium, I went 9 frames in a 10 frame this year, nice to look in and see the comb almost touching.

Put the third shallow on my "big" hive last week -- the other one isn't doing so well, may be queenless, and I think one of the swarmed in spite of checkerboarding or reversing boxes -- should have swapped out a couple frames of honey on the big hive.

At any rate, they are flying like crazy, we are in about the middle of the spring flow, and we have two full supers per hive on productive hives, about twice what we had last year.

Peter

Our flow has been pretty good so far. We have maybe three weeks left before the fat lady starts singing.

pretty good in GA, lots of rain so has kept bee's in thought and knocked some blooms off.

i'm a complete newb at this thing, but based on the amount of capped honey and comb building that i see happening right now, i'd guess it's pretty good in our area.
    I'm the dude, so that's what you call me.

Just starting here in western North Carolina a month late.Black Locust and blackberrys usually start bloom the last week of April.