Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Default Re: Monsanto GMO products contribute to ccd

99% of the public do not know the kinds of poison that Monsanto ,Bayer and Syngenta are producing in the name of food production and gardening and lawn products. All they know are that they work as directed in the label. Who gives a ???? about the pollinators. If the public was truly informed of the pollinator problems the world is now facing there would be some changes made. God help us all.

Here, here!

Quote Originally Posted by yankee joe View Post
    99% of the public do not know the kinds of poison that Monsanto ,Bayer and Syngenta are producing in the name of food production and gardening and lawn products. All they know are that they work as directed in the label. Who gives a ???? about the pollinators. If the public was truly informed of the pollinator problems the world is now facing there would be some changes made. God help us all.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee joe View Post
    9If the public was truly informed of the pollinator problems the world is now facing there would be some changes made. God help us all.
    What food crops have suffered a yield loss due to an insufficient supply of pollinators? What wildflowers are going extinct due to an insufficient supply of pollinators?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDiamond View Post
    What food crops have suffered a yield loss due to an insufficient supply of pollinators?
    Well gee I wonder why almonds apples pear cherries blueberries water melons cucumbers cantaloupes squash and now strawberries (did I miss any?) need pollinator contracts for honeybees. Hmmmmmm. Take off the rose colored glasses my friend. [/QUOTE] Did anyone mention extinct wild flowers??
    Im really not that serious

The biggest threat to native pollinators is loss of habitat. With 7 billion people in this world we farm just about everything that a crop can be grown on. The monocultures that result offer almost nothing for pollinators. A strawberry field will only offer a food source for less than a month. Then what to the native pollinators do. The only thing GMO is guilty of is fostering these sterile monocultures. The insecticides in use now versus 30 plus years ago are much safer.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Well gee I wonder why almonds apples pear cherries blueberries water melons cucumbers cantaloupes squash and now strawberries (did I miss any?) need pollinator contracts for honeybees. Hmmmmmm. Take off the rose colored glasses my friend.
    he is referring to wheat, corn, rice, soybean, . . . you know, field crops, The food base
    Ian Steppler >> Canadian Beekeeper's Blog
    www.stepplerfarms.com

Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Well gee I wonder why almonds apples pear cherries blueberries water melons cucumbers cantaloupes squash and now strawberries (did I miss any?) need pollinator contracts for honeybees.
    You havn't listed any food crops that have suffered a yield loss due to an insufficient supply of pollinators...therefore you havn't supplied evidence that the supply of any crop is imminently threatened due to an insufficient supply of pollinators. You also havn't listed any specific wildflower species that deminished in abundance over time in farm areas and then went extinct due to an insufficient supply of pollinators.

You're looking for actual pollenation required crops and wildflowers that have suffered from a lack of pollenation and scientifically repeatable evidence?

er,, uh,, umm,,,
    Ninja, is not in the dictionary. Well played Ninja's, well played...

Monsanto is an evil company. They are genetically modifying everything so no one can reproduce anything (vegetables, fruit, even bees). They buy out small farms and companies and will make it to where no one can live independent lives.

Delete, sorry
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by D Coates View Post
    You're looking for actual pollenation required crops and wildflowers that have suffered from a lack of pollenation and scientifically repeatable evidence?
    er,, uh,, umm,,,
    It's a very simple request: Someone tell me of an example of a bee pollinated crop where the yield per acre one year (or multiple years) was reduced by even 10% due to a shortage of available bees. If no one knows of many case history examples of that happening then no one can legitimately claim there is a looming pollination crisis that threatens the food supply.

I hate Monsanto, that Is why I'm going natural w/ my bee hives. Who knows, may be soon, bee keeping will be illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDiamond View Post
    It's a very simple request: Someone tell me of an example of a bee pollinated crop where the yield per acre one year (or multiple years) was reduced by even 10% due to a shortage of available bees. If no one knows of many case history examples of that happening then no one can legitimately claim there is a looming pollination crisis that threatens the food supply.
    So you are saying "Blue Diamond as in Almonds?" that almonds don't need bees? BTW who needs bees anyways California has flys and they are pollinators too but who is more efficient is the answer.
    Think about it....Buy American

I don't think BlueDiamond is trying to say bees aren't necessary; I think they're asking for evidence that there's currently not enough bees to do all the pollinating.
    Beeless since 2012; coming back in 2014. Suffering from apicultural withdrawal!

When Blue Diamond can confirm he is anything but a paid contributor then maybe his posts can have validity as well.
    Think about it....Buy American

Quote Originally Posted by melliferal View Post
    I don't think BlueDiamond is trying to say bees aren't necessary; I think they're asking for evidence that there's currently not enough bees to do all the pollinating.
    Yes.. that is what he is asking. I don't know if he is paid or not, but it is a valid question... No?
    Dont tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have travelled. - The Quran

"BTW who needs bees anyways California has flys and they are pollinators too but who is more efficient is the answer."

We need bees no matter what people say. They are the number one pollinators in the world. People have kept bees for thousands of years. Yes, there are other pollinators, but bees are more needed than ever. What fly has ever made honey, what bee has ever spread disease? What bees fly around feces? I have never seen any. "Think about it". We need every bee.

Mr. Buzzy Bee
    Last edited by Mr. Buzzy Bee; 05-23-2013 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Mistake in post

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    When Blue Diamond can confirm he is anything but a paid contributor then maybe his posts can have validity as well.
    I also need a confirmation of whether he's the Queen of England and if he wears boxers or briefs.

Seriously?, this is the internet. Even if he was paid, he (or she) could easily lie and you can't prove who he is who's paying him. Are you asking this of everyone or only those you disagree with?

Gotta go, I'm off to cash my check from Monsanto.
    Ninja, is not in the dictionary. Well played Ninja's, well played...

Quote Originally Posted by D Coates View Post
    Gotta go, I'm off to cash my check from Monsanto.
    Hey!! I have been described by BBM as one of "Monsanto's attack dogs", but I haven't gotten any check from them yet! Maybe you could hook me up with the right people to correct this oversight?

Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Cool Re: Monsanto GMO products contribute to ccd

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    he is referring to wheat, corn, rice,
    They are wind pollinated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    The question "What food crops have suffered a yield loss due to an insufficient supply of pollinators?"
    My answer indicated just about every thing we eat except wheat, corn,rice,millet,barley,rye oats, did I miss any?? My point was that if native pollinator populations were not now being decimated why do farmers pay large amounts of money to have their crops pollinate by honeybees. I’m not sure what your point is.
    Last edited by mac; 05-24-2013 at 08:22 AM.
    Im really not that serious

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast