Default Do bees like plums?

I planted a couple of plum trees this spring and now they are covered in blossoms. The bees have been all over the apple trees which have just finished blooming. I expected to see them all over the plum trees as well. But I have not seen a single bee on them. Do bees not like plum blossoms for some reason?

Default Re: Do bees like plums?

Once bees find a good source of nectar they sometimes won't go looking other places. Some blossoms are preferable to others. Each spring I place my hives in cherry orchards. I once had an orchard grower call me up because the bees were busy working the dandelions on the floor of the orchard and not his cherry tree blossoms. Another time I placed some hives on an alfalfa farm and the bees spent most of their time working the wild mint blossoms along the irrigation canal. Bee just do their own thing most of the time.

Default Re: Do bees like plums?

Hi
    The first flowering tree my package found in April was an early plum and they loved it and got right to work. They were on an early cherry next. Later when a late plum,cherry and apple were all blooming they went for the apple and I saw mostly wild pollinators on the later blossoming plum and cherry. They DO like plum but I guess it's all timing and choice for them.