Thread: Newbee in Maine

Default Newbee in Maine

Picking up my bees on Friday. 2 packages for handmade ktb hives. I am excited, and I am hoping that I can figure this out as I go along. Reading books, forums and watching youtube can only get me so far. The real test begins this weekend.

Default Re: Newbee in Maine

How does the flower bloom look like? Your timing I think will be good this year- a nice steady spring warm up. What general region in Maine are you located?

I am hoping the timing is right. I am about 20mi east of Bangor. The plum tree blossoms just went by and the lilacs, pear and apple trees are just about to open up. We just bought an old farm house. Lots of fruit trees around and a commercial orchard within 2 miles, but I am not familiar with the types of pollen that will be around after the fruit blossoms.

Welcome, I'm also new to beekeeping this year. I've got two packages as well as one nuc coming next week. Good luck to you. Hope you enjoy this as much as I am.

Welcome!

Welcome AV!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    Welcome, I'm also new to beekeeping this year. I've got two packages as well as one nuc coming next week. Good luck to you. Hope you enjoy this as much as I am.
    Larry G, thank you and good luck to you as well. I am not far from you (Etna), so its good to know that there is a new beekeeper nearby.