Default inner cover design

I'm having a little trouble with my inner covers , first my frame top bars to me seem very thick , so with a 5/8'' deep frame rest I only have a 1/4 '' from top of frame to top of super for bee space .Add to that I'm using 3/8'' plywood , can any of you guys making your own equip. give me some dimensions , it would seem that I need to start with a thicker boarder frame and inset the plywood 1/8 of an inch , not sure , I need enough of a lip to cut my 3/8 deep notch for ventilation and still leave 3/8 '' for bee space .

Default Re: inner cover design

This is how I make mine and I do have a notch (3/4x5/16 deep)
    http://www.beesource.com/build-it-yo...ngstroth-hive/
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

Default Re: inner cover design

I think whats giving me trouble is , if I make it with a 1/8 inset for the plywood the bee space is right but there isn't enough wood to make a notch , if I make the rim bigger to allow for a notch the bee space is to much . I was looking at some pics with the notch up . that will work for me it gives me that right bee space under the cover and on top of the cover , I was trying to put the notch down as so many say to do .I didn't think it was good to give them access above the cover .