Default Need a queen!!!!

Does anyone on here know of anybody selling queens in the chattanooga area or surrounding area. I did a hive inspection today on my year old hive and did not see any brood or eggs, but I did see several queens cells that were empty but no queen. I noticed a couple days ago that there is not as many bee exiting the hive. The numbers in the hive a starting to look low. Can anyone suggest what i need to do.

Default Re: Need a queen!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by craneop917 View Post
    Does anyone on here know of anybody selling queens in the chattanooga area or surrounding area. I did a hive inspection today on my year old hive and did not see any brood or eggs, but I did see several queens cells that were empty but no queen. I noticed a couple days ago that there is not as many bee exiting the hive. The numbers in the hive a starting to look low. Can anyone suggest what i need to do.
    I was going threw the same thing a few weeks ago. I asked for advice on this site, and some of the experts told me that I haven't gave them enough time to mate. I went into my hive yesterday, and found capped brood. These virgin's are hard to spot. If you need a queen I would check the fat bee man at Lula, Ga. Dixie bee supply.com.He has queens $25.00.

I don't know how many nucs Don has. His bee yard just got poisoned by someone from
    the road side. So he is in the process to either refund their money or have them wait until
    he can get the bees going again. Not sure if he can keep up with the demands right now.
    If you don't see any new queen either they did not make it or had killed each others off.

Quote Originally Posted by beepro View Post
    I don't know how many nucs Don has. His bee yard just got poisoned by someone from
    the road side. So he is in the process to either refund their money or have them wait until
    he can get the bees going again. Not sure if he can keep up with the demands right now.
    If you don't see any new queen either they did not make it or had killed each others off.
    I hate to hear that about Don's bees. I just talked with him two weeks ago so it must have just happen.

Once you goto his channel you will see it on you tube. Yes, this is
    a very recent event. I heard him cried on the vids he released.
    Can you hear him too? There are 2 of them part 1 & 2.

Quote Originally Posted by craneop917 View Post
    You probably don't need a queen, but if it turns out that you do, check out Ridge Top Apiaries in TN.

HTH

Rusty