Hi all,
I am looking to buy a trailer for hauling beehives and I thought I would ask those who have already went through this before.
The amount of hives I will have to haul at one time will be 50 BUT I would like to be able to do more if possible . They would be double deeps and I was thinking no more than 2 hives stacked .

Also I haven't yet purchased a mechanized way to lift the hives off the trailer , I am getting way too many different answers when it comes to what to buy , most of the contractors that I have been talking to about skid steers say they get stuck a lot, and it's very hard to find a rough terrain forklift unless I buy a new one and have it imported from the US . Ezyloaders look nice , but they cost a lot and I am not sure I want to spend all that money on something that has limited use. I was also thinking a smaller tractor with a fork attachment on the front might work , but I don't know if my view would be obstructed with the tractor for picking up the pallets .

There is some commercial beekeepers around NS that are using a Kubota R310 and other R series loaders with forks on them, but they are hard to find used , and new they start at 40 K from what the Kubota website shows me.

What would be a good setup for me that won't put me in the poor house for the next 5-10 years LOL

Thanks
and I know this is a mixed up thread , it's just hard for me to figure this out on my own .

Ben