Default Will queen survive if cell is broken?

One of my hives decided to swarm and then got back inside the hive within 2 hours. So I decided to perform an inspection and make a split if I find queen cells. I did, I found at least two queen cells that were capped. One of them was attached to the frame below so when I was taking the frame out I broke part of the cell and could see the queen moving inside. The bees right away surrounded her. I finished a split and I am sure that the old queen is still in the parent hive (judging by the behaviour of the bees). So my question is will that premee queen survive or not?

Default Re: Will queen survive if cell is broken?

I had a similar situation. Here's the link to the thread:

http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...ged-queen-cell

I'm not sure if my queen made it. Good luck!
    Don't provoke a hive full of angry bees.

It is hard to say how much damage to the queen bee this has caused. If it is minor then they
    will repair the cell with wax again. I did the same thing on a grafted cell today.
    Upon removing the plastic cup I accident ly slipped some wax off between the cell and the plastic
    cup at its rim. It was about a 1/4" gap that the wax slipped off. Instantly many worker bees
    surrounded this cell to keep her warm. So I left it alone hoping that the worker bees will repair this gap.
    I saw her wings all formed already. And then later her white back too. So another few days she will hatch out.
    Now I know how big my fingers are or how small the grafting plastic cup is.

Thanks guys!

Андрей,

I found that if the broken part was exposed to the elements, the bees have broken down the cell, especially when the exposed part had royal jelly leaking out. So what I do is try to attach the cell to the comb with exposed side toward foundation. They seem to mold it in seamlessly and many queens hatch very successfully.

Yes, I just checked today, my queen castle I put two QC that I had broken off the tips (could see the larvae and a bunch of jelly) had eggs in it! Right on the bee math calendar.
    “Why do we fall, sir? So that we might learn to pick ourselves up” Alfred Pennyworth Batman Begins (2005)