Default Can't find queen in my hives

I can't see eggs in my hive, but I do see larvae, should I let it alone and wait for a while to see what happens? Unable to see eggs, bad eyesight..Dont know what to do now.

Default Re: Can't find queen in my hives

If you have uncapped larva, you have had a queen in the lasts 10 days or so. I think you're fine.

Quote Originally Posted by beepop View Post
    I can't see eggs in my hive, but I do see larvae, should I let it alone and wait for a while to see what happens? Unable to see eggs, bad eyesight..Dont know what to do now.
    I'm a second year Beek, so I can't give you much experienced advice, but I can give you some 'been there, done that' advice. There have been several times when I've been in the same position as you and started to get a little panicky. But just give it some time, if your seeing larvae then most times your fine.
    Let's Eat Grandmaw ........... Let's Eat, Grandmaw.......Grammar Saves Lives

I have a tough time seeing them too and my eyesight is good! I started spotting eggs in the PHOTOS I took while inspecting. Is it new, light colored wax? The doesn't make it any easier either. Sometimes holding the frame up to the sun can help spot them too.

I think quite a few people on the forums here use cheap, overpowered reading glasses to help see them.

I am having the same problem on a swarm that I caught. I hadn't found the queen, but I put black plastic foundation in this hive and the eggs really stand out.

About the only way I see the eggs in my other hives is by looking at the pictures. Both of those queens were marked, so they are super easy to spot.

Beepop check out wood craft for magnifying glass. I got the head set two lenses ,there 29.00 dollars. Like you my sight not that good I got them for my wood carving ,but I wear them when I go in hive and they help me see those little eggs. he black Also use black plastic foundation in brood nest, the eggs stand out against the black. Heres web page. http://www.woodcraft.com/search2/sea...ifying%20glass

Go with the 3x power reading glasses i see the eggs real easy with them easy fix only 9.00 for 3 pair great deal WALMART.
    Say hello to the bad guy!
    year five==== 31 hives==== T{OAV}