2 years ago I noticed a large hive in a tree in my yard. I wasn't too concerned as I thought it was cool. in time I showed my neighbors and now one is freaking out wanting them gone. So far as I know, no one has experienced any stings or anything negative. Ive made a few phone calls to folks whom ive found on internet searches. So far the only taker is someone who offered to ELIMINATE them for a fee of $500. WHAT? For that they can stay ther as far as Im concerned.

Now more info... It IS a hive not a swarm. Im no apiary expert by no means, but I think I can recognize a hive. Currently I have a mass of honeycomb approx 24"wide x 30" long x 8"-10" deep 20 feet up in a tree in my front yard. I was trimming branches with a reciprocating saw while on a ladder. I saw the hive but initially thought it was a squirrels nest. I got within 5' of it before I noticed it was moving. so they are not aggressive. The beekeepers I did find via the web didn't want to mess with them because of the height of the hive.

I live in the Dallas metro mess but was raised in the country. I'm def not going to PAY someone to eradicate them. I'm sure I could do that myself with a garden sprayer and some gasoline! I would like to know if there is anyone in my area that would like to remove the hive. I would also like to know how I could harvest some of the honey without a hospital visit. I have no idea what time of the year is best for this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Keith
214 769-2630