Question Split update at 2.5 weeks, how long before see eggs?

I took a look at my split today, the 2.5 week mark. The split already had a queen cell when I made it. It got slightly damaged by an invading critter, so to hedge my bets, a week after making the split I grafted in a queen cell from my main hive. Today (a week and a half after making the graft) the grafted queen cell is empty and torn up. I'm not sure if she hatched, or if the bees decided she was an outsider and destroyed her. The original (damaged) queen cell is long gone.

99% of the brood has hatched, and they're bringing in pollen and nectar, and drawing comb. There are two new queen cups in the split, but both are empty. I can't find any eggs, but it's possible my eyes can't focus on them!

This is my first time making a split, but I figure that if they did have a queen, there wouldn't be any queen cups. My gut tells me that this split isn't going to make it. Am I correct?
    Don't provoke a hive full of angry bees.

Default Re: Split update at 2.5 weeks, how long before see eggs?

If you have any doubts, just add a frame of brood from any of your queenright hives.

Quote Originally Posted by AChabot View Post
    If you have any doubts, just add a frame of brood from any of your queenright hives.
    Thanks. Will they treat the new brood as outsiders and kill them?
    Don't provoke a hive full of angry bees.

Nope. Moreover, if they need a queen they will raise one from the introduced brood.