Default Will bees repair this kind of mouse damage?

Well, can't seem to post the picture, but I have a number of frames where mice have chewed a swath of one side of the comb, with the other side remaining intact. I'm thinking it's a bit like going back to foundation for the bees, except slightly more messy. Will they repair? And can I give several at one time or do I have to just give them a frame at a time like this, inserted into the brood nest between fully drawn out frames?

Default Re: Will bees repair this kind of mouse damage?

How old is the frame? If it's over three years old I would just replace it with new foundation and not worry about it since now is the time to get them working on new wax. But if the damage is minor sure they will fix it to their liking. Maybe a hole to make a short cut to the other side or drone comb or regular comb, you never know.

They will repair just about Any kind of damage if you put the frame between two frames of brood.

Yes agree with David. The main thing is not whether they repair it, cos they will, it's about getting them to build worker cells in the repair rather than drone.

Is the foundation still intact?
    44 years, been commercial, outfits up to 4000 hives, now 120 hives and 200 nucs as a hobby, selling bees. T (mostly).