Default Hello from Georgia

Mike here.
    We started a bee course last winter and received the first nuc a couple weeks ago. All is well and the ladies are drinking the sugar water and pollen is rolling in. We had a wet cold snap over the past couple days and noticed yesterday a few dead. Bees at the entrance and they were hunkered down from the wind and wet.
    We live north of Atlanta in the little town of Kennesaw Georgia. First time Beekeepers and trying to get our heads around all the information needed to keep a healthy hive.
    We are looking forward to all the help we have gotten off this forum and ready to be asking a bunch of new-bee questions.

Default Re: Hello from Georgia

Welcome to the site Mike! I'm not that far from you as a bee flies. lol Been bee keeping for 5 weeks yesterday. Wish this weather would break. Girls are doing a number on 1:1. Babies are hatching everyday. It is strange to think that, except for the queen, all the girls we brought home on March 30th will be dead by this week. Looks like the capped brood will be able to make it up! Send some sunshine this way please!

Welcome Mike!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Welcome from South end of Georgia!
    If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
    http://photobucket.com/MCBees

welcome to beesource georgia mike....have you joined any clubs yet..i would like to recommend ...metro atlanta beekeeping....the have a lot of top rate speakers...between this site and a club you should do great....i am about 50 miles from you so if you have a question ..i will anwer it or find the correct person to ask......greg

Paulding county just started a club and several of the cartersville club members were their as well. It was full of information and we plan to join next month meeting.