Thread: Pollen question

Hybrid View

Default Pollen question

After installing package bees with foundation frame only, how long before you should be seeing bees bringing in pollen? Installed yesterday and a little curious.

Default Re: Pollen question

If pollen is available for forage, I suspect you will see them hauling it in on their hind legs over the next few days.

New packages need a few days to settle and orient themselves. I suggest watching for a couple weeks before snooping.

Have seen pollen coming in within a couple hours from turning them out. Re-orientation only takes a few minutes, and the foragers go to work promptly.
    Walt

I see them coming and going, but not seeing and pollen packs on there legs. Should I be worried?

If they were installed on foundation they need to have somewhere to store the pollen, so they may not immediately bring it in, but surely after a few days they will once they get some comb drawn, and you should be feeding sugar syrup continually. John

Thanks for the replays. Yes I am feeding sugar water to them, I was thinking the same thing, that maybe they need a couple of days to draw comb, but just got the new beekeepers jitters I guess.