Default Queen cells 7-9 what to do?

I started with two splits with 1 deep hive bodies per hive. I dropped the hives off to the person I bought the splits from. He placed four frames in each hive,and kept them for about three weeks. I came and got the hives and brought them home April 18th. I did a hive inspection on April 30 I saw the queen in the stronger of the two hives. (I call This one The Jive Hive Due to its paint job) Today I went to see how they were doing on syrup. Jive Hive was dry again. the other hive still had syrup and had mold on the inside part of the inside cover. After sending pictures to Bees In Miami I have removed the feeders from both hives and the inner cover with the mold. (In hopes I can clean it up). The Jive hive had what I thought were queen cells. I noticed one had ripped when I removed the frame. I saw a large white pupa. I took have of the pictures and emailed them to Bees in Miami. After talking about what to do about the feeders etc, I went back into the hive to see actually how many queen cells there were. I have two frames that have two and two frames that have three. They have drawn comb on all frames except frame 1 and 10. The cells are on the bottom of frames and right in the middle of frames. I could not find the queen and with the sun going down I couldn't see eggs. She was in the hive on the 30th.

So What should I do?
    Add a second deep to the brood chamber? Let the bees have a queen war?
    pull two frames that have queen cells and try to do a split?
    I know that I need to have two brood chambers to over winter the bees. Also what is the larvae on the mite board? I saw three hive beetles today.
    This is my third week of Bee Keeping! Thanks Hoss

Default Re: Queen cells 7-9 what to do?

Looks like supercedure cells to me. A queen war will be certain if you leave
    everything as is. But you might lose a good laying old queen like mine did on a queen war.
    If they are the bigger cells then you can save some to form a small nuc.
    Then continue to grow this hive until winter time to see how many bees you have.
    Maybe you can also do a combine if one is weaker. You can put an ads to see if who want them.

The bees replaced the queen, or something happened to her (since they are large cells, most likely they want a new one). I'd leave well enough alone unless you want another hive. If you do, take some frames of capped brood with a couple queen cells and put them in a nuc box along with a frame of stores and let the new queen make a new hive for you. Plan to feed them for a while, but in a few weeks you should have a laying queen in both hives.

Put another box on the original hive when they have the new frames you put in drawn if you make a split, otherwise wait until you have a laying queen, but not longer.

Peter

Thanks for your advice. It took awhile for my post to go up so after talking to my mentor and another local Bee Keeper who made my equipment, I put the a second deep on my hive and I am going to let the Bees be Bees. They were both afraid I wouldn't be able to get the hives strong enough to over winter if I tried the split. As a newbie I also didn't have another hive ready for the split. I will next year. I am enjoying watching them and learning about the bees. When i called Bees In Miami I was nervous I had screwed something up! I checked the girls yesterday and the activity outside of the hive seemed great! Plenty of pollen going into both of my hives. Thanks Hoss