Hybrid View

Default repower a bobcat

I've got a 610 with a motor going bad. Anybody ever replace a wiconsin 4cyl. Did you buy a new motor, a rebuilt one, or replace with a different motor or am I better off getting a different loader. I know I can get rebuilt for 3500$ plus. They say I can replace with a new 35hp vanguard motor. Any thoughts would be appreciated. PM me. Needless to say I'm looking for a different loader, a 610, maybe a 743. Or if someone has a good motor. Let me know. Thanks Rod in Kansas

Default Re: repower a bobcat

I put in a Deutz F2L411 diesel. Some 610's actually came with this engine or another model deutz diesel as original equipment. Some would say underpowered but I'm happy so far.

I converted an old belt drive bobcat a bunch of years ago. I had to get a crankshaft adaptor made and make a different exaust system. if the crankshaft will match no big problems. I would stick with air cooled and not worry about a little less hp. I think the vanguard would be a good choice. I would stay away from Honda and onan. the Honda is light on performance for this application.

Down here in Florida over in Orlando, the bobcat dealer will put new engines in those old 610s. I know you're too far away but give them and call and they might have some info for you at the least.

Do you have a good friend with a mill and a lathe? If so, you have many options.

Crazy Roland

Put this one in. Should take about 2 hours to switch it out. http://www.ebay.com/itm/VH4D-WISCONS...item3f1e75aa82

I always wanted to try one of these, and I sill might. http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/...at-610-R2.html

I have 8 610's 7 with wisconsins and 1 with a duetz. There used to be a guy that sold rebuilt ones on ebay. If you keep checking you might be able to find him.
    I am holding on to the hope I have inside... Kutless

Forgive me... I shoulda used the sarcasm font.

Thank You Mr. dback, I appreciate your reply. I may pm you
    I wouldn't rebuild the engine myself, I'm real good at tearing things apart, but putting them back together is a different story. Bobcat dealer said 10-12 hours according to book, I find that the book can be wrong.