Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Hangin' her up...

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Lazer128 
#1 ·
Well, I'm retiring my old smoker. My father passed this one down to me years ago. I tried to install a guard around it but to no avail. So I'm switching to a newer one that's been sitting around for a few years. The guard worked on it. The old girl has seen many days and will now sit upon the shelf, guarding over the bee work bench while I'm gone...and will be reminding me of what a great father I have.

The old girl...
Metal Bronze Bucket Antique

Text Font Wood

The new girl...

Wood Font Room Triangle Wood stain

See less See more
#3 ·
Well, I'm retiring my old smoker.
I was reminded of the following, it was from a thread on cleaning smokers.

I love the sound of the hum of bees at work, the sight of newly-drawn white comb, the warmth of the summer sun on my hands while working, and the aroma of a well-used smoker with a steady curl of smoke drifting up and out to mingle with the fragrance of fresh nectar. Whenever my smoker is unlit, I carry it in the cab of my truck just so I can enjoy the sweet smoky smell that evokes so many fond memories and reflections on my decades of beekeeping. On cold winter days I like to have my smoker close by me as I work in the shed; instantly I am transported out to the apiary, working with the bees. When the day comes that I no longer can keep bees, I will still keep that smoker,. Uncleaned

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.